How to check your posture?
If the human eye is often called the “window to the soul”, the posture can be called the lens of our health. Sit and stand with proper posture, and you will feel 10 years younger and ten pounds lighter. From the psychological side, good posture is often associated with confidence, leadership and balance. So how do you check your posture read below.
1. To stand before the beginning of full-length mirror and look at yourself in the front and sides. Ask the opinion of friends – she can see things that you missed.
2. Then get up to 5 inches from the wall behind her, spreading your feet hip-width apart. Lean back until it presses against the wall, and mark what parts of your body you touched on it in the first place.
If both the first and reached the walls of the buttocks and shoulders, then you stand correctly. If one side of the body touched the wall before the other, then you have no center of balance. If the first were the buttocks, then you favor the pelvis. If the first were the shoulders, then you too tight spin, and the pelvis is too pronounced to come. If first touched the back, then you slouch and hunch your shoulders.
It may be helpful before the test pin to the wall slip of paper, divided into large squares (where suitable graph paper, which is used by tailors). Then your friend will be noted on it the position of your shoulders, hips and other body parts, and you can easily find out whether they are on the same level. In the same way you can test yourself and sides.
Good posture means that you are standing straight and relaxed at the same time, as if you have an invisible vertical supports string passing through the nape of the neck, between the shoulders and hips, knees and then disappearing through the floor.
If you have good posture, your head is lifted up and taken out slightly ahead, shoulders straight, relaxed and slightly laid back, and arms hanging freely and so that the palm is slightly in favor of the thigh. You straightened chest and pulled the abdomen, hips are level, too, relaxed muscles of the buttocks. Knees are slightly bent and your weight is distributed proportionally across the surface of the feet. Your body is not bent in any of the parties.
Here are examples of the most common mistakes in posture.
1. His head leans forward, and not kept straight.
2. Shoulders tense, and rounded instead of being relaxed and laid back.
3. The shoulder blades sticking out, jutting like wings instead placed flat.
4. Chest sunken, and the back bent, while the breasts should be sent forward, and back to keep straight.
5. The pelvis is displaced and is not in line with the whole body.
6. His head tilted to one side rather than holding steady.
7. Shoulders at different levels, causing the back bent sideways, and does not remain straight.
8. Taz stands sideways, causing the hip are at different levels, instead of one.
9. Weight on one leg and foot, and is not distributed evenly between both feet.
In case of any deviations in posture should not hold your breath waiting, to see a doctor, a neurologist. A qualified person will give you the necessary advice on prevention, as well as help create a line to correct your behavior and treatment of faulty posture.